Are you looking for a new Castle Rock church for you and your family? You are warmly invited to visit Christ's Episcopal Church in historic downtown Castle Rock.
Why come to Christ's Church? We've asked our church members to describe our church home in one word (or two) of their choosing here.
The Artist’s Way - Creative Cluster
Beginning Wednesday, April 23 at 7:00 pm in The Gathering Place.
We are starting a Creative Cluster, based on Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way. It is a peer-run collective, creative process, with the aim of creative unblocking. This is a way to share, support, and celebrate each other in re-discovering our creativity. We will use a twelve-week process with a weekly gathering of one and one-half hours. We will follow the book and guidelines, week to week, including weekly creative exercises and discussion.
Contact: Gretchen @ email@example.com
2014 Holy Week and Easter Events and Services
The Labyrinth will be available for walking in the Undercroft:
- Sunday, April 13th 2 p.m. - 7pm.
- Monday - Friday, April 14th - 18th 7a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 19th 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Wednesday, April 16 - come to one or all of the following:
- 6:00 p.m. Reflective Communion - Chapel
- 6:30 - 7:10 p.m. Soup Supper - The Gathering Place
- 7:20 - 8:30 p.m. Fr. Rick’s Lenten Series: Are You Ready For A Miracle? How to embrace change and create a new you.
Maundy Thursday, April 17th - The Seder– 6:30 p.m. < More information on The Seder and ticket prices >
Good Friday, April 18th
- 12:00 noon – 3:00 p.m. Tre Ore – in the Chapel
- 7:00 p.m. Introductory Presentation on Walking the Labyrinth - in The Gathering Place
- 7:30 p.m. Tenebrae (followed by Walking the Labyrinth in the Undercroft) - in the Chapel
Sunday, April 20th - Easter Sunday
- 8 a.m.Festive Eucharist
- 9:00 a.m. Easter Gourmet Brunch in the Undercroft
- We are looking forward to another fabulous Easter Gourmet Potluck Brunch this year. It is our favorite time to sample your family’s special Easter dishes; so please bring a side, salad or dessert to share. You may drop off your food at the Undercroft as early as 7:30am. This year, Christ’s Episcopal Church will be providing the ham and roast beef for the Brunch. If you wish, donations to offset the cost of the meat are always welcome.
- 10:15 a.m. Easter egg hunt on the campus and in The Gathering Place
- 11:00 a.m. High Mass with incense
- Godly Play, 4-yr old - 3rd grade, and Connect, 4th grade - 8th grader, at 11:00 starting in the service.
Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori Lent Message 2014
“So as you enter Lent, consider how you will live in solidarity with those who are hungry, or broken,or ill in one way or another.”
Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori said in her Lent Message 2014. The video of the Presiding Bishop’s message is here.
Fr. Rick's Mystic Travelers Blog
Fr. Rick posts two blogs a week on www.mystictravelersbook.com, and he has over 60 articles archived there for your edification. You can go on your own whenever you want, OR once on the website, you can subscribe by filling in your name and email address in the box on the left of the screen. If you sign up, you’ll be sent the blogs twice a week. You’re also invited to submit your comments about a blog if you wish.
Wall of Thanks
We appreciate so many people here at Christ's Episcopal Church. Therefore, we invite you to say THANKS to someone who has added in some way to your life or your spiritual journey. You are also invited to say THANKS to anyone you'd like to acknowledge for adding to the grace in this church of ours.
Click here to share your THANKS. Your THANKS prayer will be completely anonymous unless you give us your name. We will publish it here. We *do* have to moderate the board for spam, so we can't publish your comment until it's reviewed. But we will review all prayers at least once a day. If you wish, you can take a look at the Wall any time. We will include a link to it in the Fully Alive News and the email newsletters.
Thank you for being such a valuable part of this place to be...fully alive.
your friends at Christ's Church.